Posted on Tuesday July 16, 2013
Black Lotus Seeds/ Black Nelumbinis semen
The lotus seeds are collected from August to September. After the skins of the seeds have been removed, the seeds are dried in the sun.
Lotus seed tastes sweet and cool. It acts as cardiac tonic, splenetic and stomachal tonic, sedative, often used to treat asthenia, undernourishment, insomnia, diarrhea. Besides, lotus seed contains nutrients such as: starch, sugars, protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron … is good for brainworkers who often get stress, fear, insomnia, forgetfulness or malnutrition.
Some delicious dishes from lotus seed: lotus seed jam, lotus seed porridge, lotus seed milk, stewed chicken with lotus seed, fried rice with lotus seed, lotus seed pie…
– Black coat
– Round shape
– Moisture: 13% max
– Foreign matter: 1% max
– Broken kernels : 0.5% max
– Defective kernels : 0.5 % max
– Index peroxyt : 0.5 % max
– Lotus seed does not contain residues of fertilizers and plant protection drugs.
– Heavy metal: none
– Clean Technology.
– New crop
– Packing: In PE & PP bag, 25-30kgs net or as buyer’s requirement
– Delivery: 10- 20days after received deposit.
– Supplying Ability: 500 tons per month.
Indications & Combinations
1. Palpitations, insomnia and irritability. Lotus seed (Lianzi) is used with Wild jujube seed (Suanzaoren), Arborvitae seed (Baiziren) and Poria with hostwood (Fushen).
2. Kidney deficiency manifested as seminal emissions or leukorrhagia. Lotus seed (Lianzi) is used with Dadder seed (Tusizi), Dioscorea (Shanyao) and Euryale seed (Qianshi).
3. Chronic diarrhea due to deficiency of the spleen. Lotus seed (Lianzi) is used with White atractylodes (Baizhu), Dioscorea (Shanyao) and Poria (Fuling).
Dosage: 6-15 g
Cautions & Contraindications
This herb is contraindicated in cases with constipation.
This herb is contraindicated in cases with constipation. The anti-depressant effect of Nelumbinis semen under chronic mild stress induced depression-like symptoms.
Nelumbinis Semen is a well-known traditional herbal medicine frequently used in treatment of depression in many Asian countries. In this study, its anti-depression effects in rats were investigated by comparing the test results of those treated with Nelumbinis Semen to those treated with other herbal anti-depressants, including Rehmanniae Radix Preparat, Corni Fructus, Lycii Fructus, Pinelliae Rhizoma and Hypericum Perforatum. These test results show that Nelumbinis Semen provides greater anti-depression effects than the other herbal extracts.
* Important Disclaimer
The information that is available at or through this site is not intended directly or by implication to either diagnose or treat any medical, emotional, or psychological condition or disorder. It is always recommended that consultation with local health care providers be obtained for specific health or medical concerns.
Tags: Lotus seeds, lotus seeds calories, lotus seeds in skin, lotus seeds on people, lotus seeds recipe, Nelumbinis semen, vietnamese agro products, vietnamese cuisine, vietnamese herbs, vietnamese spices
Representative Office: No. 04, Alley 15/34, Phuong Mai Str, Dong Da Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
Factory: KM21 - 5A Highway- Trung Trac Commune, Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 46297 5678 / Fax: +84 43576 6305