The Dimocarpus longan tree can grow up to 6 to 7 meters in height, and the plant is very sensitive to frost. Longan trees require sandy soil and temperatures that do not typically go below 4.5 degrees Celsius (40.1 degrees Fahrenheit). Longans and lychees bear fruit at around the same time of the year.
The longan (龍眼 lóng yǎn, lit. “dragon eye”), is so named because it resembles an eyeball when its fruit is shelled (the black seed shows through the translucent flesh like a pupil/iris). The seed is small, round and hard, and of an enamel-like, lacquered black. The fully ripened, freshly harvested shell is bark-like, thin, and firm, making the fruit easy to shell by squeezing the fruit out as if one is “cracking” a sunflower seed.
The fruit is sweet, juicy and succulent in superior agricultural varieties and, apart from being eaten fresh, is also often used in East Asian soups, snacks, desserts, and sweet-and-sour foods, either fresh or dried, sometimes canned with syrup in supermarkets. The taste is different from lychees; while longan have a drier sweetness, lychees are often messily juicy with a more tropical, sour sweetness.
– Moisture: 5% max
– Purity: 100%
– Form: whole fruit
– Packaging: PP/PE or buyer’s requirements
• The fragrant, succulent and sweet longans have more health benefits to their advantage than known to most of us. One of the lesser-known advantages of longans is that this fleshy tropical fruit can be consumed to ward off every kind of stomach ache and infections and boosts immunity too.
• These far-off cousins of lychees are known to do wonders for the nervous system and are touted big as an anti-depressant. Not only do they have a calming effect on the nerves, they are known to boost nerve function, reduce irritability and bring down fatigue. Longans are also known to cure insomnia and neurasthenic neurosis.
• Longans are known to boost wound healing and increase longevity. It helps to fight against the free radicals in the body and protect the cell from damage. What’s more, they is also known to lower the risk of certain types of cancer and boost cell production too.
• Longans are known to replenish blood and are excellent cure for anemia. They are also known to boost iron absorption in the body.
• Longans are believed to benefit cardiac heath too. By reducing tension and fatigue, they provide relief in heart problems and play a crucial role to keep the blood pressure in check.
• Lush longans are known to do wonders for the skin too. They are popular as an anti-ageing fruit and are known to boost skin health too. Longan is especially found to benefit the skin around the eyes, reduce cracking and peeling of skin and improve complexion too.
• This tasty, sweet fruit is known to benefit vision, cure gums and teeth problems and also deal effectively with oral sores and cracks.
Categorised in: Agro Products, Vietnam
Thanh Hien private enterprise/ Peace Prosperity corporation
Representative Office: No. 04, Alley 15/34, Phuong Mai Str, Dong Da Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
Factory: KM21 - 5A Highway- Trung Trac Commune, Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province, Viet Nam
Phone: +84 46297 5678 - Fax: +84 43576 6305 - Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 by www.vnspice.com