Pasta Bake is the best choice for a filling lunch. This dish has the flavors of a bacon and cheese casserole with cheesy pasta. The pasta is bite-sized with Miss Vietspice - Black pepper coarse grind and is the perfect vehicle to help the pasta become fragrant and hold the thick and creamy white sauce.
- 400g Pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of Miss VietSpice - Black pepper coarse grind (mesh 28)
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 200g shredded Parmesan cheese
- 230g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 300g bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green onion greens
- Put a pot of water on high heat. Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the pasta and stir so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Let the water return to a rolling boil and cook, uncovered, for 9 to 10 minutes, until the pasta is still slightly firm to the bite.
- Melt the butter on a large medium heat. Add the minced garlic. Let the garlic sizzle for a few seconds. Add the flour and whisk so that any lumps are dissolved. Let the mixture bubble and cook for a minute or two.
- Slowly add the milk and cream, whisking until incorporated after each addition. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add 1⁄4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1⁄2 teaspoon of Miss VietSpice - Black pepper coarse grind (mesh 28). Add half of the shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, whisking until melted and incorporated into the sauce. Add 3/4 teaspoon of salt ( you may want to increase this to taste).
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the bacon. Add the chopped parsley and onion greens. Gently stir to combine. Transfer the pasta mixture to an oven-proof casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven at 400°F for 6 to 7 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned on top.